How to Make Rompe Colchon the Venezuelan Dish at Home
Do you want to try something new? Experimenting with dishes is relishing as it will increase the taste of your life.
That’s why we will introduce a new famous Venezuelan dish named arepa Rompe Colchon. It is a traditional Venezuelan cuisine that the people of Venezuelans love so much. Let’s dig into the ingredients that are needed to prepare this dish. Once you are familiar with the processing to make this dish, you can easily make and enjoy this delicious cuisine as an entree dish with your family at dinner or lunch.
What is an Arepa Rompe Colchón?
As said before, arepa rompe colchon is a classical Venezuelan dish. The Spanish meaning of rompe colchon is Mattress Breaker since it is believed to be a natural aphrodisiac, proven to increase your sexual desire; one of the reasons is its ingredients, especially seafood, such as Prawns, and octopus.
However, there are many ways to prepare this dish, such as-
Rompe colchón main ingredient
The main ingredient of Rompe Colchon is seafood, such as-
You can take any of these kinds of seafood to make this dish. It largely depends on your accessibility to the items; whatever seafood you get, prepare this dish with that.
How to make Rompe Colchon?
Let’s know how to make this dish easily at home with the available ingredients-
Ingredients to make Rompe Colchon:
✅ Half-pound shrimps
✅ Half-pound squid
✅ Less than a half-pound octopus
✅ Cutting onion
✅ ½ cup sweet pepper
✅ 4 pieces of lemons or limes
✅ Grated garlic
✅ Tomato juice
✅ A cup of Vinegar
✅ Salt and pepper
Processing needs to follow-
- Firstly, boil the octopus in boiled water. Once it’s steamed and chopped into many little pieces, squeeze the limes into the uncooked shrimp.
- Secondly, take a bowl, where put the morsel and peppers and chopped tomato in it, squid, octopus, chopped onion, paste or grated garlic, one cup vinegar, tomato sauce, and lastly add salt and mixed all the ingredients well.
- In the end, put the shrimp into the mixed ingredients and then put pepper into the mixture of ingredients, lastly add cilantro and keep the mixture for two hours.
Serve it like a cocktail and enjoy it with your family.
Recommended Recipe for you: How to Make Fried Red Snapper: An Easy Recipe
Time takes to make Rompe Colchon at home
It needs no more than 15 minutes to 25 minutes to prepare it. If all the ingredients are ready, you can easily make it anytime at home. It means-
Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
Calories: 250 kcal
You can easily understand that Rompe colchon is so easy to prepare and if you have available seafood at home, you promptly make this dish and enjoy it with your family.
This dish can be eaten at lunchtime or during dinnertime as an appetizer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to make Rompe colchon soup?
We have suggested the processing to make rompe colchon and now to make the soup of rompe colchon, you have to follow a few steps. Such as:
- Take a large pot on the cooker hob and put all the mixed ingredients into it
- Put soy sauce, fish sauce, coconut milk, pepper, and brown sugar. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the shrimp and another seafood turn pink; Shrimp cooks so fast, keep an eye on it. Since shrimp turns rubbery if you cooked for a long time. You will don’t want that.
2. What are the main ingredients for Rompe Colchon?
The main ingredients for Rompe Colchon are seafood, such as prawns, octopus, and squid, as well as vegetables like onions, sweet peppers, and tomatoes. You will also need garlic, lemon or lime juice, tomato juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper to make this dish.
3. Can I use different types of seafood in Rompe Colchon?
You can use different types of seafood in Rompe Colchon, depending on your preference and what is available to you. Some options include shrimp, squid, octopus, mussels, and scallops. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time as needed for the specific type of seafood you are using.
Leave a Reply