Do you like an easy and quick fried red snapper recipe? Then you are in the right place as I will be sharing one of the simple recipes for frying red snapper at home.
Red snapper is yummy to have when fried and you can serve this dish in other simple recipes like Arroz de coco. If you are wondering that it is not as easy to fry the fish because it sticks to the pan. You should be happy to hear that if you use a cast iron skillet and don’t touch the fish cause it’s gonna get loose on its own. You should heat the pan before adding the oil.
Are you ready to know how to make fried red snapper: an easy recipe?
How Long to Fry Red Snapper?
It takes around 10-12 minutes to fry delicious red snapper. This depends on the size of your skillet and stove so you should keep that in mind.
When the skin of the red snapper turns from translucent to opaque that means your red snapper is ready to be wolfed down.
How to Cook Fried Red Snapper
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
1 (1 ½ pound) whole red snapper, cleaned and scaled
Salt and pepper to taste
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
½ white onion, sliced
½ large carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
⅛ teaspoon of minced garlic
1 sprig of fresh thyme, leaves stripped
1 allspice berry, cracked
¼ habanero pepper, seeded and minced
¼ cup of white vinegar
1 tablespoon of water
¾ teaspoon of salt
1 pinch of brown sugar
Start by patting the fish dry and then cut 3 small slits on each side.
Season the fish with salt and pepper.
Over medium-high heat, heat 1 quart of oil in a large skillet.
Release the fish in hot oil. Be careful when releasing the fish in hot oil for splashbacks.
Fry until the skin turns translucent to opaque which will be around 5 minutes on each side.
When the color changes that means your fish is done frying and it is ready to be eaten.
Let’s make the garnish now, start by heating the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, carrot, and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and reduce the water level by cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
You are now ready to serve the red snapper dish when plating remembers to spoon the onion mixture on top of the fish.
You can finish your meal with this easy-to-make coquito tres leches which will complete your amazing meal.
Per Serving: 770 calories; protein 70.3g; carbohydrates 4.9g; fat 50.9g; cholesterol 124.8mg; sodium 1035.7mg.
If you want to get more fish-related delicious recipes you can read these blogs.
- How To Make Deep Fried Fish: Yummy Recipe
- How to Make and Serve Grilled Branzino | Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Cook Salmon Tropical: A Healthy Recipe
- How to Make Camarones Al Ajillo Cubano : Simple Guide
- Classic Peruvian-Style Fish Ceviche Recipe
Don’t forget to try my other delicious recipes such as-
- Lamb Chops with Sizzled Garlic- Recipe
- How to Prepare Sabe A Rabo
- How to Make the Real Carbonara
- Easy Recipe of Frutti Di Mare
- Authentic Causa Recipe
- How To Cook Cauliflower Steaks
- How to Cook a Churrasco Steak
- Easy Way to Cook Surf and Turf
- Always ask your butcher to scale and gut your fish at the store so your life becomes easy.
- Beware of the fish bones when eating as you are making the whole fish. I always eat using my fingers so I can feel my way and find the bone easily.
- Because of its high level of mercury, you should eat red snapper once a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is fried red snapper good for you?
Yes, Red snapper is good for you when you have it moderately as it has both B12 and omega 3 which are good for your health.
What does red snapper taste like?
The flavor profile of red snapper is light and as it can be made using a grill, oven, or fried the flavors stay intact so you get the delicious taste.
Is red snapper rubbery?
If the red snapper is overcooked then it becomes rubbery.